Telstra Staff Sale FAQs
1. What is the Blemished Box device?
A. The “Blemished Box” devices are brand new unopened items that may have some minor damage to outer packaging such as the devices box has some scratches, tears or dints. There may also be additional warehouse labels identifying the grade of the external packaging. Further discounts have been applied to these items.
Examples of outer packaging.
2. When is the portal open for purchasing?
A. The portal is open and available for purchases from 12PM Thursday 18th November until 11.59PM Wednesday 1st December (AEDT), or while stocks last.
3. How do I access the portal?
A. Pre-registration is open from Tuesday 16th November. We’ll let you know how you can register closer to this date.
4. Can I register with an email address other than my Telstra one?
A. No – for legal reasons, we must ensure that this sale is only available to Telstra employees.
5: Who is eligible to participate in this sale?
A. All Telstra staff who have any of the following email domains:
6. What can I purchase?
A. There will be a range of devices (handsets, tablets & watches), audio and accessories available to purchase
New addition in November Staff sale: Blemished Box devices
7. The item(s) I wanted have sold out, will there be any more?
A. Telstra reserves the right to add more stock should the opportunity arise.
8. How many devices can I buy through this sale?
A. There is a hard limit of eight (8) devices (handsets, tablets, watches) per registered Telstra email address. These can be purchased in multiple transactions (up to 8 maximum in total per email address). Telstra may change these rules during the sale.
9: What if I have reached my device limit and still want to purchase more accessories?
A: You are welcome to purchase additional Accessories and Audio after your device limit is reached (subject to our reasonable use policy)
10. Is my information safe through the Staff Purchasing Portal?
A. Yes – the Staff Purchasing Portal has been vetted by Telstra Security Operations and complies with information security requirements.
11. Are these devices network locked?
A. Unless specified, these devices are all unlocked and can be used on other networks. All unlock codes where applicable will be provided.
12. Are these items new or refurbished?
A. All items are brand new, just slow-moving or obsolete models.
13. Is the colour of the model pictured the device that I will receive?
A. Please take note of the colour of the device listed in the description. The device image pictured is a generic image and may not be exactly the same colour as the device you actually receive.
14. What type of payment options do you accept?
A. We only accept payment made through PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account you will still be able to pay as a “Guest” using a VISA or Mastercard.
15. Will I receive a Tax Invoice for my purchase?
A. Yes. You will be emailed a Tax Invoice along with Tracking details once your order has been dispatched. This will also be available in our portal once the shop opens.
16. Is there a cost for shipping?
A. Minimum order purchase of $50 for free shipping, per transaction. $10 will be charged if under this amount
17. Can I ship to a PO BOX?
A. We can ship to PO boxes in Australia.
18. When will I receive my purchase?
A. Orders are usually dispatched the next business day, and a tracking number will be sent to your email so you can track the progress of your delivery.
19. How long will my order take to be delivered?
A. Due to the high volume of orders and current postage delays, it may take 5 to 7 business days to most major Capital Cites, other areas may take a bit longer. Please be patient during these times. Check https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/domestic-delivery-times
20. Where is the stock being shipped from?
A. All stock is being shipped from our partner Alegre, based in Sydney.
21. How can I track the progress of my purchase?
A. Your order will be shipped with Australia Post, Express Post and a tracking number will be emailed to you upon dispatch. You can track your order online at https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track
22. I’m located outside of Australia, can I make a purchase?
A. We are unable to ship to addresses outside of Australia. Therefore, if you are located elsewhere, you will need to arrange for any items purchased to go to an Australian address on your behalf.
23. Is my purchase covered for a full manufacturer’s warranty?
A. Yes – all devices, including the Blemished Box devices, are covered by a 24-month statutory warranty when reported with a copy of the invoice, same as devices purchased through other customer channels at Telstra. Accessories are covered for 12 months.
24. What happens if I change my mind and want to change / cancel my order?
A. Consumer Law does not cater for change of mind purchases. Please be certain about making your purchase, as it cannot be altered or cancelled once paid for.
25. How can I change the mailing address for my shipment?
A. We can only ship to the address provided at checkout. It is extremely important that the correct and properly formatted shipping address be used at the time of checkout as this cannot be altered once the purchase is complete.
26. I would like further information
A. Please keep an eye on our Yammer page for more details soon
27. How do I get the best browsing experience on the Telstra Staff Sale website?
A. The Telstra Staff Sale site will deliver an optimal browsing experience using the following Web browsers:
Chrome: Latest three releases for Mac & PC.
Firefox: Latest three releases for Mac & PC.
Safari: latest two releases for Mac.
Edge: latest two releases for PC & Mac.
Internet Explorer: IE 11 for PC.
Chrome Mobile: Latest three releases for Android and iOS.
Mobile Safari: Latest two releases for iOS.